Hello, everybody! Thank you for your interest in Wednesday tips and tricks. On last Monday 11, April. I started this section and I am so excited that I have received a tremendous response and lots of people have submitted their great tips. Thank you for participating!
Today’s Tip is shared by Afshan Fatima.
Name: Afshan Fatima
Title: Hack your way into writing your first ever book.
Tips & Tricks:
So I’m writing my first ever book. So here are a few tips I found really beneficial on keeping the flow going.
1) Create character sketches all the details and give a illustrator to give these characters a face and a body
Once you have got a good image of them you can start picturing them in the scenes that you write.
2) Write your story in scenes we can work around it later on, the narration part I mean. That way you have time enough to think of a more elaborate description of the scene, the people involved and the setting.
3) Of course the language matters.
British English or American English (grey or gray, colour or color)
4) The person you write it in. First person ‘I’ or the third person outside the story narration.
5) Don’t finalise on anything as we start writing and working on our story. New ideas develop and we may completely change the course of which the story is heading
6)Always carry around post it notes or a small notebook to write down ideas. You never know what inspires you when you are out.
7) If you can’t come up with names of people or places. Use generators. There are so many such websites.
8) There are websites that help you get all the material about your book together. From the scenes to the characters and they even have built in name and character generators.
9) To get to know your characters better. Create a questionnaire more like a interview with the character and see where that leads you to.
10) Once you are done with writing it. Give your book to the realist friend of yours to get an honest feedback without the sugar coating.
Good luck 🙂
I just loved her coolest trick, I am sure you will also love it. Must visit Afshan‘s blog there is lots more to explore. 🙂
Thank you, Afshan Fatima.
If you want to participate and want your tip to be published on Newswire please fill out this Easy Peasy Form.
Hit like if you loved the idea and share your suggestions in comments below. ❤